English + Performing Arts
The summer of 2019 will see the launch of Samiad’s very own Performing Arts specialism. Our Performing Arts course gives our students a new and interactive way to hone their English skills and become stars of the stage! The programme is offered from our Nottingham Trent College campus, where students will perform a play around one of the city’s famous legends; Robin Hood! A qualified performing arts teacher will run sessions on improvisation, stage settings, and theatrical techniques. Students will also have the chance to visit Stratford-Upon-Avon, the home of Britain’s most famous playwright, William Shakespeare. Along with visiting the famous sights that Stratford-upon-Avon has to offer our students will also get the chance to take part in workshops at the Royal Shakespeare Theatre taught by some of the countries leading thespians!
- Full-board residential accommodation
- 15 hours of English language tuition per week
- 4 x 3-hour Performing Arts classes per week from a qualified teacher
- Structured evening activity schedule
- 2 full-day excursions per week
- Certificate on completion of the course
The performing arts course at Samiad offers a unique and engaging way for our students to use their English language skills in a new way! Each afternoon, touching on various elements of theatre; singing, dancing, acting, set and costume design, our students will create and perform scenes in the English Language. Based at Trent College, near Nottingham, we make full use of the legendary tales of Robin Hood, which provides lots of opportunities for drama!
As with all of our specialisms, the afternoons on campus are dedicated to our students chosen course. However, during the mornings and the evenings, those studying performing arts will join with the rest of our students for morning English classes and evening activities, which include things such as:
Murder Mystery – There has been a murder on campus! Your favourite teacher has been taken away, but can you work together with your team to decipher the clues to find the murderer?
Samiad’s Got Talent – This is the ideal opportunity to showcase a talent of your choice. Dancing, singing, juggling, impressions? What will you choose?
Samiad Party – Every Saturday night, put on your best clothes and enjoy this action-packed night of fun. With party games galore and a disco, this is always one of the most popular memories of Samiad.
Other activities include • Badminton • Basketball • Bench Ball • Big King • Bonding Belt • Baking • Circus skills • Crafts • Dodgeball • Football • Friends Café • Lip Sync Battle • Movie making • Picture Challenge • Swimming • Team games • Tennis • Trashion show • Treasure hunt • Twisted Bingo • Yoga
Accommodation & Welfare
All of our campuses are residential, meaning the students will stay in purpose built boarding accommodation on a campus along with all of the other children and our staff. The campuses consist of separate buildings for boys and girls with a mixture of single, twin and quad rooms with either en-suite bathrooms or shared bathroom facilities. As well as boarding facilities all of our campus have excellent sport and recreational activities such as sports halls, basketball and tennis courts, swimming pools, discos and dining facilities.
Every year the feedback from students shows that our staff are the most important aspect of the programme for the children, and we are lucky to have a wonderful, dedicated and friendly group of staff at each campus. Although all of our staff are trainee or fully qualified teachers, we also have a dedicated welfare team at each campus. You will be given their contact details and they will be on hand 24-hours a day to ensure that your child has the best experience possible.
Prices and Dates
per 2 weeks
- LIMITED SPACES AVAILABLE Dates: 04/07/2021 – 18/07/2021
Whats included in our fees
We were established in 2013 to try and offer more value and a better experience for children attending summer schools, and since then these values have only gotten stronger. We focus on 4 main areas to achieve this and briefly they are;
- We have an industry leading staff to student ratio, meaning we can spend more one-2-one time with your children, and our teachers join in with all activities and excursions to encourage the use of English.
- We offer unique, high value excursions, including our now famous OVERNIGHT excursions to either a medieval castle or a safari park!
- We push the boundaries on what activities can be offered at a summer school, from zombie runs, escape games, assault courses and music festivals
- We cap each language to 20%, meaning there is a maximum of 30 children with the same mother tongue as your children on campus, in reality it will be far less.
Included in our prices are:
- Airport transfers
- Residential accommodation
- 3 meals per day with lots of choice
- 15 hours of English tuition per week
- 2 full day excursions per week (including our famous overnight stay at a medieval castle or safari park)
- An action packed schedule of afternoon and evening activities
- An industry leading staff to student ratio of 1:6
Complete the form below and we will come back to you as soon as possible. Fields marked with a * are required.