English + Tennis
Samiad’s tennis specialism from Sherfield School is a fantastic choice for any aspiring young tennis players.
Delivered by highly qualified LTA coaches, tennis sessions take place each afternoon, and are designed to improve participants skills in all aspects of the game. From positional play to technique, and perfecting footwork to playing the killer shot! Our coaches work with players of all abilities and tailor the sessions for every level. Students receive 12 hours of coaching per week, alongside 15 hours of quality English tuition and a full schedule of evening activities.
Where could be better than here in the UK, the home of the worlds most prestigious tennis tournament, Wimbledon, to inspire the next generation of tennis stars!
- Full-board residential campus accommodation
- En-suite bathroom facilities
- 4 x 3-hour tennis coaching sessions per week from LTA qualified coachess
- Structured evening activity schedule
- 2 full-day excursions per week
- Medal on completion of the course
The UK has a rich history with tennis, each year hosting of the biggest international tennis competitions in the world, Wimbledon. With a host of well-qualified LTA tennis coaches, Samiad delivers high-quality tennis coaching for all ages and ability levels.
As with all of our specialisms, the afternoons on campus are dedicated to our student’s chosen course. However, during the mornings and the evenings, tennis players will join with the rest of our students for morning English classes and evening activities! Evenings on campus are a great time to socialize with the rest of the student body, with a huge range of structured social and sporting activities on offer, including:
Murder Mystery – There has been a murder on campus! Your favourite teacher has been taken away, but can you work together with your team to decipher the clues to find the murderer?
Samiad’s Got Talent – This is the ideal opportunity to showcase a talent of your choice. Dancing, singing, juggling, impressions? What will you choose?
Samiad Party – Every Saturday night, put on your best clothes and enjoy this action-packed night of fun. With party games galore and a disco, this is always one of the most popular memories of Samiad.
Other activities include • Badminton • Basketball • Bench Ball • Big King • Bonding Belt • Baking • Circus skills • Crafts • Dodgeball • Football • Friends Café • Lip Sync Battle • Movie making • Picture Challenge • Swimming • Team games • Tennis • Trashion show • Treasure hunt • Twisted Bingo • Yoga
Accommodation & Welfare
All of our campuses are residential, meaning the students will stay in purpose built boarding accommodation on a campus along with all of the other children and our staff. The campuses consist of separate buildings for boys and girls with a mixture of single, twin and quad rooms with either en-suite bathrooms or shared bathroom facilities. As well as boarding facilities all of our campus have excellent sport and recreational activities such as sports halls, basketball and tennis courts, swimming pools, discos and dining facilities.
Every year the feedback from students shows that our staff are the most important aspect of the programme for the children, and we are lucky to have a wonderful, dedicated and friendly group of staff at each campus. Although all of our staff are trainee or fully qualified teachers, we also have a dedicated welfare team at each campus. You will be given their contact details and they will be on hand 24-hours a day to ensure that your child has the best experience possible.
Prices and Dates
per 2 weeks
- LIMITED SPACES AVAILABLE Dates: 04/07/2021 – 15/08/2021
Whats included in our fees
We were established in 2013 to try and offer more value and a better experience for children attending summer schools, and since then these values have only gotten stronger. We focus on 4 main areas to achieve this and briefly they are;
- We have an industry leading staff to student ratio, meaning we can spend more one-2-one time with your children, and our teachers join in with all activities and excursions to encourage the use of English.
- We offer unique, high value excursions, including our now famous OVERNIGHT excursions to either a medieval castle or a safari park!
- We push the boundaries on what activities can be offered at a summer school, from zombie runs, escape games, assault courses and music festivals
- We cap each language to 20%, meaning there is a maximum of 30 children with the same mother tongue as your children on campus, in reality it will be far less.
Included in our prices are:
- Airport transfers
- Residential accommodation
- 3 meals per day with lots of choice
- 15 hours of English tuition per week
- 2 full day excursions per week (including our famous overnight stay at a medieval castle or safari park)
- An action packed schedule of afternoon and evening activities
- An industry leading staff to student ratio of 1:6
Complete the form below and we will come back to you as soon as possible. Fields marked with a * are required.