FOOD AND BOARD INCLUDED
Samiad is one of the largest residential summer schools in the UK, with four campuses and over 1000 students excepted from 70 countries.
We pride ourselves on offering a unique experience by focusing on the following four areas:
We have an industry leading staff to student ratio, meaning we can spend more one-2-one time with our students and our teachers join in with all activities and excursions to encourage the use of English.
We offer unique, high value excursions, including our now famous OVERNIGHT excursions to either a medieval castle or a safari park!
We push the boundaries on what activities can be offered at a summer school, from zombie runs, escape games, assault courses and music festivals
We cap each language to 20%, meaning there is a maximum of 30 children with the same mother tongue at each campus.
Qualifications and Essential Requirements
- No formal qualifications required
- DBS checks will be carried out
- Experience working with groups of children helpful but not required
- Coaching qualification helpful but not required
- Enthusiastic and friendly personality essential
- Good communicator
Hours of work
Volunteers work 2 out of the 3 session a day. These sessions are spent either working with the activities or the welfare team. In some case they can also help in the classroom.
All Volunteers will receive one full day off and an evening of per week.
Role and Responsibilities
- To take part and even lead some daytime activities and evening events.
- You will be expected to participate and, in some cases, lead on a wide range of activities from dodgeball, football and rounders, to arts and crafts, team games and nature walks.
You will be given the chance to be creative, bringing new ideas you have and implementing these into the Activity Programme.
- Be a positive role model for the students, providing a supportive and encouraging environment for each student to develop.
- Lead groups of students on excursions, following the pre-planned itinerary.
- Ensure that the students are always safe during an activity or on an excursion.
- All Samiad staff are responsible for the welfare and enjoyment of the students on campus.
- Support House Parent when doing the allocated day’s house duty, including wake-up, supervising students to, from and while in the houses, making sure to support a welcoming and positive atmosphere in the boarding houses.
- Help with arrivals and departures of students.
- Actively supervise and interact with students during meal and break times.
- Empower students to successfully engage in programme while helping develop independence, confidence and social skills.
- Be outgoing, fun and friendly face for the students to come too.
- Carry out all other reasonable tasks.